What is Stress?
Stress affects so much more than we realise, from mental health, mood and anxiety, to weight gain, hormonal imbalances and digestive issues.
This week I am going to take you from the basics, through to the more advanced ways in which stress affects us, and what we can do to combat it.
In case you missed the schedule, here’s what we’ll be talking about this week:
Today we are kicking off with ‘What Is Stress?’.
Watch or listen to the video, and be sure to try and implement the action steps recommended at the end. It’s just over ten minutes long, so why not listen to it on your commute to work/the school run/walking the dog?!
- Our body reacts to both physical and perceived stresses in the same way!
- When we are chronically stressed, we become SNS dominant, meaning our body can’t rest and repair as it is meant to.
- Shift your perception of what is stressful
- Take time out of your day to breathe!
- Try and get to bed by 10pm