The link between stress and sleep
Welcome to day 3 of the Stress Less Week Challenge!
Today we tackle the very important subject of sleep. There’s a lot of info in this one, and some action points, so it might help to have a pen and paper to hand!
Watch or listen now:
Key Takeaway Points
- If you’re not sleeping well, you won’t be able to switch on your Rest & Digest PNS, which will impact your regeneration of cells, consolidation of memory, and digestion, amongst other things!
- If you are in a chronic state of stress, your cortisol levels may fluctuate out of sync with the circadian rhythm, causing you to feel lethargic and grouchy during the day!
- Prioritise sleep as you would any other part of a healthy lifestyle
Action to take this evening:
- Create a nighttime routine to prepare your body and mind for sleep
- Breathe yourself into a relaxed state – hello PNS!
- Spend some time investigating your sleep patterns, and see what you can change to make a positive impact on your day.
If you need to catch up with the previous days, then just click the link below: