Top Tips to De-Stress
Well done for making it to the final day of my Stress Less challenge. If you’re behind and haven’t managed to watch all the previous videos, then watch today’s video as it is a short recap of the most important tips to help you de-stress!
Watch the video now:
And if you missed it, you can view the Restorative Pilates Flow video from Day 5 over on my Facebook page, or watch a replay here:
- If we can change our perception of what is stressful, we can change our body’s response to it. And if we can’t change our perception, the least we can do is breathe!
- The top tips to lowering your stress levels, rebalancing your stress hormones and giving your adrenals a rest are:
- Breathe into your diaphragm
- Get quality sleep by implementing a bed time routine, and regularly getting to bed by 10pm!
- Make exercise part of your daily routine – and keep it varied!
- Try and avoid stimulants, and instead fill your belly with nutrient dense food.
- Not all stress is bad – when it motivates you to be amazing, make big changes and take on new challenges, it can be great. It’s about finding the balance.
Other tools to help you de-stress:
- To implement regular breathing breaks into your day try www.donothingfor2minutes.com
- If you want to begin meditating, there are a couple of great apps that have free trials. Headspace or 1 Giant Mind are two of my favourite.
- Tim Ferris’s blog has some great tips for productive morning routines.
- Check out Arianna Huffington’s site for more good sleep tips.
- Recently recommended by my Dad, the app Elite HVR monitors your heart rate and can recommend what training to do based on optimising recovery, stress levels and ensuring the training you’re doing is having positive effects!
If you have any recommendations or suggestions, I’d love to hear them. The more we educate ourselves, and share our findings with others, the more productive, energised and less stressed we all will feel : )
If you want to catch up on all the week’s previous videos and workouts then you can find the information for each day here:
Day 5 – Restorative Pilates Flow
Day 6 – Stress and Nutrition